Where is there a need for Accredited Installers?
Please send an e-mail to [email protected] if you are interested in being accredited in the available areas and a Field Services representative will contact you within three working days to confirm that you may proceed with the application.
Our Installer Accreditation process
- The Accredited Installer is a services provider to MultiChoice that offers installation services to MultiChoice subscribers. In order to become an Accredited Installer, a person or a company (the legal entity) has to comply with the following requirements:
- Vendor registration according to the MultiChoice procurement process;
- Agree to operate their business within a specific target market (area). Where more than one branch can be expanded across the country, however each branch must be approved separately;
- The place of business and branding complies with the MultiChoice corporate identity requirements;
- The company must provide Installation services in accordance to the MultiChoice Installation Standards and Practice. The following are compulsory:
- The company has to employ at least one staff member per team, whom has completed the MultiChoice Level 1 Basic training;
- Possess (own) installation equipment and tools to perform dish installations and signal quality measurements;
- Possess a commercial vehicle (utility van) to transport installation equipment and access installation sites;
- Must complete at least five (5) DStv Installations upon reception of the temporary accreditation for validation by the accreditation panel;
- Agreed to the terms and conditions of an Accredited Installer as documented in the formal contract between the two parties.
Our Vendor Registration Process
- It is mandatory that each accredited installation company to be vendor registered with MultiChoice, to be able to receive payments for services rendered. The following documents must be supplied by the applicant:
- Certified company registration documents (not older than 2 years);
- For VAT registered companies - a VAT103i document must be supplied (valid for the applicable year);
- A Tax clearance certificate (valid for the applicable year);
- An original tax invoice made out to the relevant customer, please ensure that it is titled “Tax Invoice” and contains the date, invoice number, and customer’s VAT number if the customer is VAT registered;
- An original letter (stamped) from the bank confirming the banking details of the registered company: name of the account holder, account number, account type, branch name and branch code;
- A BEE certificate or letter from an Accountant confirming your annual turnover.
How do I apply to become a Qualified Installer?
- A Qualified Installer is a technically competent person who has been certified by MultiChoice to perform DStv Installations under the direction of an Accredited Installer.
- Qualified Installers are graded according to their skills level, this requires attending and passing a formal assessment examination.
- A successful candidate is then allowed to perform DStv installations for their applicable grade.
- To become qualified, an accredited installer must nominate and sponsor a person to attend one of the three (3) courses offered by MultiChoice.
- Aspirant Installers are then graded according to their skills level by attending and passing a formal assessment examination.
- Following the formal assessment is a practical competence evaluation, which is done by a Field Services Technician assessing the quality of the installation at a subscriber’s premises.
- The minimum requirement of a qualified installer are as follows: Persons 18 years and older;
- Proficient in English - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written;
- Ability to work with power tools, heights, in-and-on roofs;
- Code EB Driver’s license;
- No Criminal Record;
- Not blacklisted by MultiChoice.
Are you interested in applying for Installer Accreditation?