You can insure your decoder through any of the below methods:
- Download the DStv app and select the DStv decoder(s) you want to insure
- Visit Self Service on dstv.co.za - My Decoders or Insurance dashboard - and select the DStv decoder(s) you want to insure
- WhatsApp DStv on 060 060 3788 and select Insure your decoder
- SMS the word INSURE to 32445 and we will call you back
- Email your request to [email protected]
- Call us on (011) 369 4000
- Visit any of our Service Centres
You will need to take out a separate insurance policy for each decoder you wish to insure. Each DStv decoder insurance policy covers the specified serialised DStv decoder.
NMS Insurance Services (SA) Ltd is a licenced microinsurer and authorised FSP for DStv Decoder Insurance. FSP license # 48754. MultiChoice (Pty) Ltd and MultiChoice Support Services (Pty) Ltd are juristic representatives of NMS Insurance Services (SA) Ltd for DStv Decoder Insurance.
HD PVR 2Tuner
HD DStv decoder
Single view decoder (DSD1110, DSD1131, DSD1132)
*All prices include VAT
NOTE: Decoders not listed in the above table cannot be insured anew. However, we still support active policies linked to decoders not listed here-in
- DStv decoders located or used outside of South Africa.
- Damage caused by misuse, negligence or abuse.
- Fault claims within 3 months of activation of decoder insurance.
- Accessories i.e. remote control units, keyboards, modems, USB cables, power cables, TV links etc.
- Installation faults.
* Please read the Policy Wording for more information.
Your DStv decoder insurance premium will be added to your MultiChoice account. You will need to use your customer number as a reference when making payment.
Our agencies aren’t allowed to sell, activate, cancel or collect DStv Decoder Insurance payments as they’re not authorised Financial Services Providers.
It’s not like our DStv packages, so while you certainly can pay for the whole year, we can’t offer you the 12th month free (this discount doesn’t apply to our insurance products).
If you’re claiming for theft, attempted theft, lightning, fire, flood or explosion you’ll need to:
Come into one of our MultiChoice Service Centres* (Randburg, Cape Town, Durban Central or Umhlanga); OR
E-mail the claim through to us ([email protected]) with subject line Decoder insurance claim; OR
Contact us on 011 369 4000.
* If you visit a MultiChoice Service Centre a new decoder of the same or similar type will be issued to you immediately. However, it may take 4 – 7 working days to have this replacement decoder delivered to you.
If you’re claiming for a faulty decoder i.e. mechanical or electrical malfunction:
These claims are processed at all MultiChoice Walk in Centres. You will receive a replacement decoder from our service stock of same or similar type.
Our agencies can’t process replacement claims as they’re not authorised Financial Services Providers.
No, there isn’t.
We have a three-month waiting period so we can keep your DStv Decoder Insurance premium payments to a minimum.