In order to enter and be eligible to win the current BoxOffice competition(s), you agree to be bound by all of the Terms and Conditions outlined below, as well as the additional Terms and Conditions that govern the use of BoxOffice, and any of DStv’s products and services, available to read on their respective websites.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
- These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with the MultiChoice South Africa Group (“MultiChoice”).
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
- The competition is not open to:
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the MultiChoice Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
- You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three months, unless:
5.1 The price is a ticket to attend an event, in which case the waiting period will be one month; or
5.2 You are a DStv Rewards Member; or
5.3 The competition specific rules state otherwise.
- If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
- your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
- a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 30 days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and MultiChoice reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- We may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
- We may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions
- You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
- You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that -
- all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
- you will take full responsibility for your partner;
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
- any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
- you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
- you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner's) noncompliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
- you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
- For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
- These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa.
- MultiChoice and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS PERTAINING TO THE
BoxOffice by DStv & Standard Bank UCount Rewards Rent to Win Smartphone plus UCount Rewards Points Competition
- Standard BoxOffice Terms and Conditions Apply.
- BoxOffice by DStv, in partnership with Standard Bank is running a competition on its transactional-video-on-demand service that is available on the Explora PVR, HD PVR and SD PVR, promoting the rentals and driving awareness of the Standard Bank UCount Rewards program
- The competition runs from 20 December 2020 to 20 February 2021, ending at 23h59.
- The competition is running on BoxOffice by DStv in partnership with Standard Bank, in South Africa only and is thus open to DStv customers residing in SA only.
- Qualifying rentals must be completed on the Explora PVR, HD PVR and SD PVR
- The prize, sponsored by Standard Bank UCount Rewards, is as follows:
- 4 x Apple SE 64GB Black
- 4 x Samsung S20 FE
- 5 000 UCount Rewards Points if the winner is a UCount Rewards Member.
*5 000 UCount Rewards Points if the winner is a UCount Rewards Member.
- The Mechanic:
- Rent a BoxOffice movie and stand a chance to win 1 of 8 Smartphones weekly, plus 5000 UCount Rewards Points if you are a UCount Rewards Member*.
- In order to qualify, DStv Accountholders and people authorised to make purchases on the accountholder’s account must rent a movie successfully on BoxOffice by DStv on the relevant PVR decoder between 20 December 2020 and 23h59 20 February 2021
- Additionally, if a customer who is drawn as a winner, is a Standard Bank UCount Rewards member, you qualify to win 5000 UCount Rewards Points, and if a customer rents a pay for a movie rental on BoxOffice by DStv using their Standard Bank Card, you gain an additional entry into the competition each time you rent and pay using the respective card as a payment method
- It is not mandatory to be a Standard Bank UCount Rewards Member, nor is it mandatory to have a Standard Bank Account to participate in this competition, however, the following benefits apply:
- As a UCount Rewards Member, should you be drawn as a winner, you will get 5000 UCount Reward Points together with the Smartphone.
- As a Standard Bank Account Holder, should you use your Standard Bank Card to rent and pay for you movie rental on BoxOffice by DStv, you will gain double entries into the draw for every rental transaction.
- Every successful rental for any movie, made against a DStv Customer’s Account in this period will constitute an additional entry into the competition and will be entered into the draw.
- Should a DStv Customer have more than one DStv Customer Account, every successful rental made against that account will constitute an entry into the competition and will be entered into the draw.
- To qualify for the 5000 UCount Rewards Points, join UCount Rewards by Standard Bank [ add url here]
- All other benefits on UCount Rewards are managed by Standard Bank
- By sending the rental code of the chosen movie by the customer, via the current rental process on BoxOffice by DStv, the customer is automatically entered into the competition. Data showing the Standard Bank Card used as a method of payment for each rental against the DStv Customer Account, will automatically be entered as additional entries into the draw. No other means will be considered for this competition.
- The prize for the respective weekly winners, will be awarded to the DStv Primary Accountholder, including delivery to a specified address within the Republic of South Africa.
- The customer is responsible for any additional costs that may arise when redeeming this prize package
- Irrespective of the number of entries into the competition, the DStv customer can only win one (1) set of the prize.
- It is at the sole discretion of DStv and Standard Bank on whether or not to extend the competition period.
- Winners will be randomly selected from the qualifying entrants and results will be audited in-line with regulations that govern such competitions.
- The competition weekly draws of the winners will take place at once in the month following each month in the competition period. Each winner will be contacted following the draw.
- The South African ID number for each winner will be supplied to Standard Bank in order for Standard Bank to allocate the UCount Rewards Points.
- An acceptance letter will be sent electronically to the chosen winners.
- Should lockdown restrictions and laws as imposed by the government of South Africa during this competition period, preventing delivery of the prizes, the delivery of the prizes will take place as soon as these restrictions are uplifted.
- Movies are charged as per the rental price displayed against each movie title and valid for 48 hours to view, subject to a successful rental.
- Customers may watch the movies rented as many times as possible within this 48-hour period.
- Your initial “MAHALA” / “On the house / At NO Cost to you” movie rental will be counted towards the competition entries.
- Movie Credits will be used first before you will be required to pay for your selected rental.
- MultiChoice staff members as well as Standard Bank staff members (whether permanent or otherwise), their family members, any affiliates, partners and stakeholders are not eligible to enter and win the prize.
- Prizes are not transferable for cash.