With the announcement that Eskom is looking at the possibility of Stages 5 and 6 load-shedding, something previously unheard of, ordinary South Africans are getting creative with their hours without electricity.
You can still watch DStv during load-shedding. You just need to have the DStv Now app installed on your phone or tablet.
Check the load-shedding schedule, and while the power’s on and there’s still Wi-Fi, open the DStv Now app and download movies, series and kids’ stuff to watch after the lights go out.
What is DStv Now?
It’s the online version of DStv, and it means that while your decoder stays at home, your favourite DStv channels are always with you. You can watch the same content on DStv Now that comes with your DStv subscription.
How to download and watch with DStv Now
- Make sure you’re registered for DStv Now.
- If you haven’t already, download the DStv Now app for Apple or Android for your device.
- Log in, and search for the series or movie you want to download.
- Tap the cloud-shaped icon.
- Select the quality of video file that you want to download (Highest, High, Medium or Low). The lower the file size, the less storage space it takes up on your device.
- Once you’ve made your selection, the download will begin.
- Happy watching!
Important: Once you click ‘play’, you have 48 hours to watch the content before it expires and you have to download it again. If you don’t click ‘play’, the content stays on your device for 30 days before it expires.
Don’t know what to watch?
The latest movies on DStv Now include Skyscraper (starring Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock), Deadpool 2 and Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom. You can also watch the latest episodes of The Queen, The River, Isibaya, Binnelanders and The Bachelor SA.