Award-winning drama series Mr. Robot centres on Elliot, a brilliant but highly unstable young cyber-security engineer and hacker who becomes a key figure in a complex game of global dominance when he is recruited by vigilante anarchists working to bring down the financial system.
Oscar-winner Rami Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody) stars as Elliot, while Christian Slater (True Romance) plays Mr. Robot.
What happened last season?
The Season 3 finale saw Elliot reverse the 5/9 hack and reconcile with Mr. Robot. The fourth and final instalment takes place over the 2015 Christmas holidays, and it’s finally become clear who the real puppet master is. “Whiterose is the ultimate target,” series creator and two-time Emmy nominated writer-producer Sam Esmail (Homecoming) said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
Returning cast members include Portia Doubleday as Angela, Carly Chaikin as Darlene, Grace Gummer as FBI investigator Dominique DiPierro, Elliot Villar as Vera, Martin Wallström as Tyrell Wellick and Emmy nominees Michael Cristofer and BD Wong as Phillip Price and Whiterose respectively.
Fast facts about Mr. Robot
- It has a 97% critics rating for season 4
- It’s #34 on the list of Best TV Shows of 2019 on Rotten Tomatoes
- Fans have given it an 8.5/10 on IMDB
- Winner of two Golden Globes: Best Drama Series and Best Supporting Actor for Christian Slater.
- Nominated for a further five, including Rami Malek’s 2020 nomination for Best Actor.
- Winner of two Emmys, for Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Rami Malek and for Outstanding Music Composition, with a further nine nominations.
- Featured in Best of 2019 lists in AV Club, Complex, and Vox, among others, with Vice calling it “The Defining Show of the 2010s”.