This weight-loss show will inspire you
Afskaal, a brand-new reality show on kykNET, follows four overweight people on their incredible weight-loss journey.
Over a gruelling 16 weeks, four people who committed to change their lives forever will embark on a healthy eating and fitness programme unlike anything they have ever done before. It’s not going to be easy – in addition to their strict programmes, they will also face a number of physical and mental challenges. Cheering them on their way will be presenter Elana Afrika-Bredenkamp, who will motivate and support them. She says she’s extremely happy to be involved in a series that teaches people to make healthier choices about their lifestyle, and has been inspired by their dedication. At the end of it all? An amazing prize for the one who manages to transform their body and lose the most weight.
5 things to know about Elana
- She’s known for her elegant, effortless style. Follow her on Instagram.
- You might have seen her on TV in Fynskrif, Parlement Parlement, Sara Se Geheim and hosting the Miss South Africa pageant.
- She’s mother to two beautiful daughters and hosts the Parent + Baby Brunch, where mothers get together to support one another.
- Media entrepreneur and former radio presenter Ian Bredenkamp is her husband.
- She’s hosted the Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards for the past few years.
Afskaal starts Tuesday 15 October on kykNET (144) at 16:00.