Watch the series Gordon Ramsay says taught him more than he has learned in the last 10 years
Gordon Ramsay is taking food as far as it can go in National Geographic’s new series Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted. The Michelin-star chef and Ironman athlete embarks on a new adventure around the globe.
From Peru, Laos and Morocco to Hawaii, Alaska and New Zealand, Ramsay roars through valleys, diving into oceans, hiking through forests and scaling mountains in his relentless pursuit of culinary inspiration. Food and adventure programming is familiar ground for Ramsay, whose 2010 UK series for Channel 4, Gordon’s Great Escapes, saw the chef explore the food culture of India and Southeast Asia.
“I have learned way more filming this series than I have in the last 10 years.” – Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted follows Ramsay as he meets indigenous people around the globe to learn about the cultures, dishes and flavours unique to each location. Each episode concludes with Ramsay putting his newfound skills to the test as he cooks a feast with a local food legend.
“It has been an amazing journey travelling off the beaten path with National Geographic and connecting with locals to learn and share incredible stories of unique traditions, delicacies and the extreme lengths it takes to harvest native ingredients,” said Ramsay.
Adventure's on the menu in Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted
- Trekking through a dense jungle in Laos to sample weaver ant eggs and diving through dangerous waters on the hunt for snails and giant water bugs.
- Hunting for eels with his bare hands using traditional Maori techniques with a local fisherman by his side in New Zealand.
- Working with local foragers to harvest Maui’s deadliest catch with homemade tools and spearfishing with legendary free diver Kimi Werner in Hawaii.
- Climbing a sheer rock face during a snowstorm with a local forager to harvest native herbs in Alaska.
- Rappelling down a raging waterfall to meet with local mushroom hunters in Morocco;
- Hanging off a cliff in pursuit of cactus worms – a delicacy in Peru.
Watch Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted on Wednesdays at 21:00 on National Geographic (181). Also available on Catch Up and to stream online on DStv Now.