It is mandatory that each accredited installation company be vendor registered with MultiChoice, to be able to receive payments for services rendered.
The following documents must be supplied by along with your application:
- A Tax clearance certificate (valid for the applicable year);
- Company registration documents (CIPC / CIPRO) / ID (if sole proprietary);
- A copy of an Invoice – this must be titled ‘Tax invoice’ if your company is VAT registered or just ‘Invoice’ if your company is not VAT registered. It must include your bank details;
- A BEE certificate (valid for the applicable year) or a BEE affidavit;
- An original letter (stamped) from the bank confirming the banking details of the registered company: name of the account holder, account number, account type, branch name and branch code;
- Company letterhead;
- A VAT103i document (optional for VAT registered companies)
A Qualified Installer is a technically competent person who has been certified by MultiChoice to perform DStv Installations under the direction of an Accredited Installer.
Qualified Installers are graded according to their skills level, this requires attending and passing a formal assessment examination.
A successful candidate is then allowed to perform DStv installations for their applicable grade.
To become qualified, an accredited installer must nominate and sponsor a person to attend one of the three (3) courses offered by MultiChoice.
Aspirant Installers are then graded according to their skills level by attending and passing a formal assessment examination.
Following the formal assessment is a practical competence evaluation, which is done by a Field Services Technician assessing the quality of the installation at a subscriber’s premises.
The minimum requirement of a qualified installer are as follows:
- Persons 18 years and older;
- Proficient in English - Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written;
- Ability to work with power tools, heights, in-and-on roofs;
- Code EB Driver’s license;
- No Criminal Record;
- Not blacklisted by MultiChoice.
The Accredited Installer is a service provider to MultiChoice that offers installation services to MultiChoice subscribers.
Please note: Gauteng has been identified as a saturated region and MultiChoice Field Services will no longer be granting new accreditations for this area.
In order to become an Accredited Installer, a person or a company (the legal entity) has to comply with the following requirements:
- You must provide Installation services in accordance to the MultiChoice Installation Standards and Practice. The following are compulsory:
- Employ at least one staff member per team, who has completed the MultiChoice Level 1 Basic training;
- Possess (own) installation equipment and tools to perform dish installations and signal quality measurements;
- Possess a commercial vehicle (utility van) to transport installation equipment and access installation sites;
- Must complete at least five (5) DStv Installations upon reception of the temporary accreditation for validation by the accreditation panel;
- You must agree to operate your business within a specific target market (area) and have a location/office where you receive customers. Where more than one branch can be expanded across the country, each branch must be approved separately;
- The place of business and branding must comply with the MultiChoice corporate identity requirements;
- You should have a client database available (customers that you have completed installations for);
- You must complete the vendor registration according to the MultiChoice procurement process;
- You will need to agree to the terms and conditions of an Accredited Installer as documented in the formal contract between the two parties.
If you comply with the above, please download the Accreditation application forms and ensure that all required items have been checked and are available for submission to MultiChoice. Once complete, please attach the form and required documentation and email to [email protected].
Please note: Incomplete forms will delay the application.
Should you have any questions, you can send an email to [email protected] and a Field Services representative will contact you.